Completed Leonardo Level Restorations
These restorations were made possible through the efforts of Friends of the Uffizi Gallery and the generous donations from our Leonardo members. Please click on the image on the left for historical information about the restored work of art.
A 17th or 18th Century replica of an Apollo Lyceios statue by Praxiteles that dates to the 2nd Century A.D. Restoration completed in 2009 through the generosity of the Diann G. and Victor J. Scaravilli Family.
| Asclepius Giustini Type
A replica of an Asclepius statue that dates to the 5th Century A.D. Restoration completed in 2009 through the generosity of The Patrick S. Parker Family.
An 18th Century replica of an Asclepius statue that dates to the 2nd Century A.D. Restoration completed in 2010 through the generosity of Leonardo member and Executive Director, Lisa Marie Conte Browne.
A 3rd Century A.D. statue of Attis, the consort of Cybele in Greek mythology. First restored in 1712 by Francesco Franchi. Recent restoration completed in 2008 through the generosity of Daniela Di Lorenzo.
A replica of the original Greek Marsyas statue that dates to the 2nd Century B.C and was in the Medici collection by the 16th Century. Restoration completed in 2010 through the generosity of Karen McGarry Karp.
|Statue of the Muse
The scroll in her left hand and flute in her right characterize the statue as one of the Apollonian muses. Restoration completed in 2009 through the generosity of John D. and Giuliana Koch.
|Nymph with Panther
This sculpture, a replica of the original work that dates between the first and 2nd centuries A.D., has been in the Medici collection since the 16th Century. Restoration completed in 2011 through the generosity of the Mark David Greaves Family.
|Nereid on a Seahorse
A replica dating from 1540 of a 1st Century A.D. state of Nereid. Restoration completed in 2012 through the generosity of Lowry M. and Diana M. Bell.
|Aphrodite with Eros
A replica of the Capitoline Venus sculpture that dates to the mid-2nd Century A.D. Made of Greek and Apuan marble. Restoration completed in 2012 through the generosity of Thomas J. and Judith A. Embrescia.